Need an easy appetizer for the big game? This Native-inspired mini meatball recipe features ancestral ingredients and makes for the ultimate party food. These cocktail meatballs are juicy and flavorful, and when tossed with a chokecherry barbecue glaze, your guests won’t be able to stop popping! Better yet, this recipe takes just minutes to prepare and all of the ingredients are conveniently available at Mazopiya!
- 1 bottle Triple Crown Organic BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup Red Lake Nation Wild Chokecherry Jelly
- 1 pound Northstar ground bison
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (dairy-free optional)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (gluten-free optional)
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries, minced
- Add barbecue sauce and chokecherry jelly to a medium pot or slow cooker and stir to combine. Keep on low to medium heat until meatballs are ready.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Blend the bison, egg, and all dry ingredients together in large bowl. Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Bake meatballs on a baking sheet for 10-15 minutes or until firm and cooked to internal temperature of 160° F.
- Add meatballs to barbecue sauce in the pot or slow cooker and stir. Makes 24 mini meatballs. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Carla Cohen